• A Columbia Valley detachment member on patrol near 7th Avenue and 13th Street came upon a highly intoxicated male.
The 24 year-old male from Victoria was released to a friend and driven home.
• A Columbia Valley detachment member received a complaint of hit and run of a 2011 GMC Yukon, black in color, that was parked for several hours at Pete’s Marina.
Damage to the vehicle was approximately $2,000.
The owner of the Yukon resides in Calgary. Anyone with information is requested to contact the detachment.
• The Columbia Valley detachment responded to a three-vehicle accident on Laurier Street.
Two vehicles were stopped at a red light. Just as the light turned green a third vehicle hit the second vehicle, which made contact with the first vehicle.
No serious injuries resulted. The driver of the offending vehicle, a 26 year-old male from Invermere, was charged with following too closely.
• While on patrol, Columbia Valley detachment members came across an intoxicated male who was unable to provide the police with information to assist.
The 21 year-old male from Radium was lodged in cells.
Prior to being released the next day, the male was given a ticket for bring drunk in public under the Liquor Control Act.
• Columbia Valley detachment responded to a single-vehicle accident involving a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta and a deer. The vehicle sustained approximately $4,000 damage.
This incident happened on Hwy 93/95, one kilometre north of Canal Flats. The driver was able to pull into Canal Flats.
• A 53 year-old male who was released on conditions due to a prior domestic assault was arrested for breaching his no contact conditions on three occasions.
The male was also given a breath sample demand, which he refused.
The male was issued a 90-day driving suspension and his vehicle was impounded for 30 days. The male was given further conditions of no contact.
• Columbia Valley detachment responded to a complaint of attempted break and enter at Copper City Amusements in Windermere.
An attempt to break into the building with the go-carts failed. There was damage to the door, but no entry gained.
• Columbia Valley detachment members responded to a domestic assault complaint in the 4,000 block of Crescentwood in Edgewater.
A 37 year-old male has been charged with assault on a female. The male is also charged with mischief.
• Columbia Valley detachment received several reports of damage to traffic signs in town.
• A Columbia Valley detachment member was requested to attend the hospital in regards to a complaint of assault.
A 32 year-old female was being attended to by hospital staff for injuries. The female, however, was not providing the police with information at the time.
This matter is being investigated.