• A Black iPhone 4 was stolen from dressing room number two at the arena. Police are presently looking at video tape.
• Columbia Valley detachment responded to a complaint of a break and enter in the 800 block of Timber View Drive Lakeview Cottages. Cups, dishes and some cash was stolen.
• Columbia Valley detachment members responded to a disturbance complaint in the 1,000 block of 8th Avenue. A 33 year-old male from Cranbrook was located in a highly intoxicated state. The male was lodged in cells and released later when sober. He was charged with public drunkenness. While in custody the male did some damage to the cell block area. As a result the male went from a minor ticket under the liquor act to a charge of mischief under the Criminal Code.
• Columbia Valley detachment received a complaint of theft from the Fairmont Ski Hill. A ski bag with grey UGG boots, female size 6-7, and men’s cross-trainers, brown, size 10 was taken. A silver Gateway laptop was also stolen from the lounge area.
• Police received a complaint of a ’98 GMC Sierra driving around with no plates. The vehicle was located abandoned on Athalmer Road. The vehicle was towed and a family member made aware of the tow.
• Columbia Valley detachment was advised of a disturbance on Main Street in Radium. Police were busy at the time and unable to respond immediately.
It was learned that the people were residing at one of the rooms in the Prestige Inn and they made their way to their rooms when encouraged by the staff. Police did eventually attend and all was quiet.
• Columbia Valley detachment received a report of a break and enter in the 8,000 block of Grainger Road in Canal Flats. A cabin was broken into and a mounted sheep head, mink pelt and some CDs and a tape player were stolen. It is believed this may have happed in the last three months.
• Columbia Valley detachment members and the Conservation Officer Service did some lake patrols on snow machines on the lake this last Saturday and checked 37 sober anglers. One charge was laid, one warning and two further charges are pending with the Conservation officer. No trophy fish were observed.
High school floor hockey
RCMP 5 — FIVE — vs. Students 1. Losers.