• Columbia Valley detachment members responded to assist the Radium Fire Department in regards to a vehicle fire near Canyon RV Resort on Sinclair Creek Loop at 6:30 a.m. A gold Dodge Shadow was engulfed in flames. It was later determined from the registered owner that the uninsured vehicle was parked in the 4800 block of St Joseph in Radium and he reported the vehicle stolen.
• Columbia Valley detachment members responded to a domestic assault complaint in the 3300 block of Hwy 93/95. As a result of the investigation a 33 year-old male from Las Vegas was arrested and charged with assault on a female victim.
• The detachment received a report of mischief from Big Horn Meadows and Springs Golf Course of two sandwich type board signs that were damaged. It is believed that a vehicle ran over the signs.
• Columbia Valley detachment responded to an abandoned 911 call from Panorama Resort. A female had entered the general store and requested an ambulance attend. On arrival by ambulance and police the female could not be found.
Further investigation located the 32 year-old female from Alberta. She advised that she had a few drinks in the morning, smoked some marijuana and was now feeling faint and light headed. An ambulance took the female to the hospital to be checked out.
• Columbia Valley detachment received a report of a hit and run on 20th Street and 13th Avenue in Invermere. A late ’90s GMC or Chevrolet pickup with two-tone paint rear-ended another vehicle and left the scene. The suspect vehicle’s primary colour is metallic grey with secondary colour of burgundy or purple. There is a distinctive light bar between the bottom of the tailgate and bumper which ran the length of the tailgate. The 24 year-old male driver of a red Ford Focus received minor injuries.
• Columbia Valley detachment received a complaint of the theft of a 2006 Sanger V215 boat from a residence in the 4900 block of Lakeview Meadows Close in Windermere. Neighbours in the area noticed two males in a blue older Ford truck depart with the boat. Hours later the boat was located engulfed in flames in the Toby Creek Powerstation area. Forestry Initial Attack Crew dealt with the fire. Anyone with information is requested to contact the detachment.
• Columbia Valley detachment responded to a single vehicle accident as a result of a 2002 Volkswagen driven by a 46 year- old male from Edmonton. The car lost its brakes and was not able to stop or slow down. The driver was able to drive the vehicle onto a runaway lane going up the road about three-quarters of the way. On attempting to bring it down, the vehicle entered an embankment and got stuck. No injuries to the driver. The vehicle was towed to a repair station in Radium.
• Columbia Valley detachment members responded to a domestic assault. A 25 year-old male assaulted his girlfriend and fled the scene when he was made aware police would be attending. The area was searched and each time the police would attend the male fled. His identity is known to the police and warrants will be requested for his arrest for assault.
A small amount of cocaine was found in the parking lot of Lucky Strike gas station. If you are the owner and can advise us how much you lost, you can make a claim at the detachment. We aim to please.