• In the late afternoon two search warrants were executed under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act at the same time on two residences in Radium. One warrant was executed in the 4800 block of Stanley Street, Pinewood condos and the other in the 1400 block of 7th Street. Cocaine was seized from each location.
As a result of the warrant on Stanley Street two adult male brothers ages 29 and 23 are charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking. The search on 7th Street resulted in a 28 year-old female being charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking. The investigation is continuing.
• Columbia Valley detachment attended to a disturbance complaint in front of Bud’s Bar after a 20 year-old male from Saskatchewan was not allowed entry. Police attended and the male departed.
However, he made the mistake of returning to cause further problems. The male was highly intoxicated and was offered accommodations at the detachment. He was released when sober with a ticket for being drunk in public.
• Columbia Valley detachment members responded to a single vehicle accident on Hwy 93/95 3 km north of Invermere.
A 2010 Chev was located in the ditch and footprints of the driver led the officers to Wilmer Pontoon Road, where the 42 year-old driver from Invermere was located. Evidence at the scene and from the driver when located indicated the male was impaired.
Due to injuries sustained the male was taken to the hospital and a blood demand was read. Blood was received and will be sent to the lab for results in the future. If results are over .08 the male will be charged.
• Two vehicles were broken into in the 7400 block of Rivercrest Road in Radium. A BMO Mastercard, Acer laptop and a driver’s licence were taken. The card was later used. The vehicle was unlocked. An investigation is continuing in regards to the location where the card was used.
• Two more vehicles were left unlocked in the 7500 block of Jackson Avenue in Radium. A purse with identity cards and cash was stolen.
• Police responded to a disturbance as a result of a good friend allowing his friends to invite unknown males over to use his hot tub. The unknown males became unruly and refused to depart until the police were called. A fight broke out before the unknown males left.
They were later located in Radium, and a 25 year-old male from Calgary and an 18 year-old male also from Calgary became friends with the RCMP and were invited to a sleep over at the detachment. Both males were released when sober and given tickets for being drunk in public. The complainant did not wish to pursue assault charges.
• A victim in Invermere responded to an email she thought was legit from the Bank of Montreal requesting personal information be filled out on a link to enhance her security. Private information was given, which resulted in the victim having a large sum of money taken out of her account. Do not respond to such emails. If in doubt contact your bank.
Floor hockey update: RCMP 9, high school students 3. How they can walk with their heads high is beyond me. How do these boys get dates? We are 2-0.