• Columbia Valley detachment received a complaint of a stolen wallet from a locked locker in the change room at Radium Hot Springs.
• Columbia Valley detachment members responded to a single vehicle accident 11 km east on Hwy 93 in Kootenay National Park. The male driver, operating a 2006 Suzuki Verona, was east bound when he lost control on a curve. The vehicle entered the ditch and rolled. No injuries to the driver.
The driver displayed signs of having consumed liquor. A breath sample demand was made, and the driver refused to provide a sample. As a result, the male is charged under the criminal code for refusing to provide a sample. The driver was also issued with a 90 day prohibition and his vehicle impounded for 30 days. The driver was also charged with fail to keep right. A court date is set for November 22.
• Columbia Valley detachment responded to an attempted break and enter at Chisel Peak medical clinic. Entry was gained into the main building, however, attempts to gain entry into the clinic failed. Anyone with information is requested to contact the detachment.
• Complaint of theft of spare keys from an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of Panorama Drive.
• Complaint of theft of a wallet from an unlocked vehicle in the 1000 block of 5th Street in Invermere.
• Complaint of theft from an unlocked vehicle on 12th Avenue, Invermere. Approximately $30 in coins were stolen.
• Complaint of theft from an unlocked vehicle in the area of 1400 block 10th Avenue. Binoculars and a satellite radio were stolen. Most thieves are lazy and if they come across a locked vehicle they will go to the next vehicle until they find one unlocked. I’ve preached that before.
• Columbia Valley detachment received a report of theft of a Taylor six-string acoustic guitar from a residence in the 2500 block of Ledgerock.
• Columbia Valley detachment members along with the Fire Department attended to the Lake Windermere Condos in Invermere to assist three people trapped in the elevator for about half an hour.
• Columbia Valley detachment responded to a possible break and enter in progress in the 1400 block of 17A Avenue when a person was observed to be on the property and attempting to get in the house. On police arrival, an intoxicated 24 year-old male from Edmonton was located. The male advised he was lost. Attempts to locate friends to take care of the male failed. The male was held in custody until sober.