End of Movember
Our thanks to all those that supported the detachment’s efforts to raise money for prostate cancer research. We were able to raise over $2,000. Our thanks to all who supported this opportunity to raise money. Cst. Ralph won the competition for the best moustache in the detachment, while Cst. Myers gets the award for most pathetic.
‘Tis the season for numerous Christmas parties. Plan in advance your transportation to and from these events. Detachment members will be conducting more traffic checks for impaired drivers.
• A 34 year-old male from Radium Hot Springs was charged with breaching an undertaking when he made contact with his previous victim.
• Columbia Valley detachment members responded to a break and enter in the early morning hours in the 1700 block of 6th Avenue. The investigation revealed that a male entered the house and entered the room of a lone female.
The female woke up to the male in her room and a brief struggle ensued, at which time the male fled from the house. A 19 year-old male was located at his residence and arrested.
The male is charged with break and enter as well as sexual assault. The male will appear in Invermere Provincial Court March 13.
• Columbia Valley detachment received a complaint of damage to a ’98 Ford Expedition in the 1000 block of 11th Avenue. The vehicle’s rear window was smashed with a rock.
• An alert staff member at the Best Western observed a female with a number of bruises to her face. Police attended and the investigation revealed an assault had happened between a couple that were together.
A 24 year-old male from Canmore was charged with assault. The investigation is continuing.
• As a result of a complaint of a disturbance near the Canal Flats arena resulting in an ambulance attending to injuries, a 19 year-old female from Canal Flats has been charged with assault. The female is to attend court February 13. Injuries to the male were minimal.
• Police attended to a residence in the 4000 block of Spruce Avenue in Canal Flats as a result of a disturbance complaint. As a result of the investigation a 31 year-old male from Canal Flats is charged with assaulting two males who resided in the residence.
• Columbia Valley detachment members responded to a complaint of a hit and run in the 1300 block of 14th Street.
A 2009 Ford F150 was hit by another vehicle that rounded the intersection. The suspect vehicle left orange paint chips on the Ford.
Due to a recent snowfall, the tracks of the offending vehicle lead to an address in the 1800 block of 12A at which point an ’88 Toyota with an orange snow blade and fresh damage was found. Police will be speaking to the owner of this vehicle.
RCMP Gift Guide
Thinking of a Christmas gift for your kids with cars? Worried about road and winter conditions? Set them up with an emergency kit for their cars.
Include warm clothing, sand bags, a shovel, first aid kit, high visibility vest, chains, heat packs for hands and feet, a proper tire jack (hydraulic), caution triangles, cables or booster charger, matches, candles as well as water and munchies. Basic tools. Teach them how to use it.